Thursday, November 17, 2011

New Love: Mimosa

Lately, I've loved the taste of a mimosa. I'm not really a breakfast/brunch person but I love having one of these (actually at all times of the day lol). Usually with most cocktails or drinks you need a lot of ingredients, I love that this one only calls for two.

What You'll Need:

  1. Orange Juice
  2. Champagne or Sparkling Wine (or if you are under 21 or choose not to drink, use sparkling cider, sprite, or ginger ale)
  3. Champagne Flute (I didn't have one so I used some random glass in the cabinet lol, I dont know if its a wine glass or what but whatever.... If you are serving it for guests then you'll probably want to get champagne flutes)
  4. Garnish (Orange slice, Strawberry, or Cherry)

This drink is better served cold so make sure your orange juice and champagne are cold. I usually fill the glass up almost to the top and then top it off with champagne but I think this recipe is all about personal preference. You can do half champagne and half orange juice or if you want to feel a little tipsy you can use more champagne than orange juice lol.


After you top it off you can garnish it and that's it. Pretty simple.


When I get to the bottom I like to put my orange slice in the drink. When the drink is gone you can eat the orange and it is extra juicy lol.



This drink is pretty foolproof and makes you feel a little fancy lol. Try it out and tell me how you like it.


Have you ever had a mimosa? Whats your favorite drink (alcoholic or non alcoholic)?


Ashley

xoxo


Also Check out




No comments:

Post a Comment