Wednesday, December 7, 2011

DIY Deep Conditioner

What You'll Need (although all of these ingrediants are optional and the amount depends on your hair type and personal prefernece.
  • Coconut Oil (a couple spoonfuls)
  • Honey (about 2 table spoons)
  • Avocado (half of one)
  • Your own conditioner (I used a little Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Conditioner and Organix Coconut Oil Conditioner. Use As much as desired.)
For those who may be wondering why I used these certain products, I will break down their benefits for your hair

  • Coconut Oil is one of the few oils that can actually penetrate your hair shaft. It is able to keep hair moisturized, reduce dandruff and helps prevent breakage. I've heard a lot of girls on youtube say it helps with hair growth as well.
  • Honey adds shine to your hair and locks in moisture.
  • Avocados are high in vitamins like omega 3 and omega 9 which are critical hair cell growth. It also protects hair from harsher climates (Especially ones like the winter).



Photobucket

I know the picture looks a little nasty lol...it is the avocado that gives it that green look. This mixture would probably be great for your skin as well (minus the conditioner).

Since this conditioner is a DIY, you can leave it on your hair as long as you want. 5 minutes, 30 minutes or an hour. I think you should just make sure the mixture doesn't dry out while it is on your head. To get a better use of this, you should sit under a hooded dryer with a plastic cap.

This made my hair feel really soft after I rinsed it out. Next time, I would use a hand mixer to get all of the lumps and clumps out.



What conditioners do you use?


Ashley

xoxo


Also Check Out





No comments:

Post a Comment